[mythtv-users] Quiet, reliable hard drives

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 21:01:36 UTC 2017

Interestingly BackBlaze studied 8TB enterprise drives for the first time
this summer. Their results came back slightly WORSE than the consumer hard
drives the ordinarily favor. It may be because the faster enterprise
interface circuitry stresses the drives more.

See https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-failure-rates-q1-2017/