[mythtv-users] can't get wakealarm to write to BIOS

Swanseasurfing swanseasurfing at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 20:27:44 UTC 2017

I set up my mythbackend long ago so I don‘t remember all steps properly.
It’s an older mythbuntu release. To my mind the folllowing steps were
important (these were mentioned in the discussion):

Disable HPET (kernel parameter)
Disable RTC wakeup in BIOS
Setting the timezone (did I have to switch Linux and BIOS to UTC?)
Configure mythwelcome and mythbackend according to the wiki dicumentation
Use ACPI Wakeup according to the wiki
Creating several scripts (e.g. to do some checks before shutdown and to run
fstrim once a day)
Use a short time being idle before shutdown (otherwise EIT scans would
start so that the machine won‘t shutdown) - To my mind I use 5 Minutes

Works fine since years. Maybe these steps give a hint on the solving your
problem.

Kind Regards
  Jens