[mythtv-users] Using mythweb without internet access

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Dec 8 12:56:31 UTC 2017

On 08/12/17 10:35, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> On 08/12/17 08:46, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>>>

>>> That's funny,
>>>
>>> I *JUST* saw the same thing.  Privacy Badger is reporting a possible
>>> tracker and blocked it.  I thought it must be mistaken, but
>>> apparently not.
>>>

>> I think Privacy Badger is wrong....
>
> Privacy Badger is just an example of the failure, not the core of the
> issue.
>
>> Those who want them locally can pull the copies down from google api's
>> and patch their local copy of mythweb to use them.
>
> I cannot see the smiley but I am sure you meant it, right? (*)
>
> I was without internet for the last week, and this was just the right time
> [NOT] to discover that mythweb  has issues, like no popups when viewing the
> listing, no scrolling with the arrows on the time bar, and what not.
>
>> Regards
>> Stuart
>
> (*) The claim is so utterly wrong (ignoring security/privacy issues).

So i'm not ignoring any security issues, i've just not seen any evidence
that there actually *is* a CORS issue here.

> First, "those who want" may very well not be "those who can" - not
> everyone is a programmer.
> Second, each time mythweb gets an update one needs to check if the "fix"
> needs to be repeated.
> Third, the extra slowdown and bandwidth usage may be unwelcome by some.

Given the sheer number of sites that use jquery, it's actually *more*
likely that your browser already has a cached copy of the library than
not, thereby resulting in *less* traffic....

I will see if I can whip up something that allows you to set a config
item to load them locally

Regards
Stuart