[mythtv-users] Using mythweb without internet access

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Dec 8 10:35:10 UTC 2017

On 08/12/17 08:46, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 06/12/17 23:53, Doug Lytle wrote:
>> On 12/06/2017 06:46 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>>> I recently noticed that when I do not have internet access mythweb
>>> does not function fully.
>>> I traced it to the fact that it uses ajax.googleapis.com. I do not
>>> have stable internet
>>> connection until the line is fixed (ADSL) so started noticing the issue.
>>>

>> That's funny,
>>
>> I *JUST* saw the same thing.  Privacy Badger is reporting a possible
>> tracker and blocked it.  I thought it must be mistaken, but apparently not.
>>

> I think Privacy Badger is wrong....

Privacy Badger is just an example of the failure, not the core of the issue.

> Those who want them locally can pull the copies down from google api's
> and patch their local copy of mythweb to use them.

I cannot see the smiley but I am sure you meant it, right? (*)

I was without internet for the last week, and this was just the right time
[NOT] to discover that mythweb  has issues, like no popups when viewing the
listing, no scrolling with the arrows on the time bar, and what not.

> Regards
> Stuart

(*) The claim is so utterly wrong (ignoring security/privacy issues).
First, "those who want" may very well not be "those who can" - not everyone is a programmer.
Second, each time mythweb gets an update one needs to check if the "fix" needs to be repeated.
Third, the extra slowdown and bandwidth usage may be unwelcome by some.

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)