[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV PCIe Driver Compilation Error

glen glenb at glenb.us
Sun Dec 3 01:49:08 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-12-02 at 20:42 -0500, Scott Knight wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> At my wit's end with this thing and not sure where to turn.  The driver
> is "provided without warranty or support" and has worked very well all
> these years (released in 2013) with only a single easily fixed tweak a
> couple of years ago for kernel 2.6.8 or 2.6.9.  A few months ago, it
> quit compiling on my FC25 backend and I have been occasionally searching
> to see if anyone mentioned fixing it.  The last kernel it compiles
> cleanly with is 4.11.4, so I have been holding tight on that.  Now with
> FC27 released, things are a little more urgent since FC25 will be
> getting dropped pretty soon.
>
> I was able to easily fix the two implicit declaration of function errors
> myself with a quick search, but these two (which really look like the
> same thing twice) have me stumped.  Surely, it's very easy for someone
> familiar enough with C and device drivers but sadly, I am neither.  Here
> is the error:
>

> /root/ceton/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226/ctn91xx_net.c: In
> function ‘ctn91xx_net_rx_skb’:
> /root/ceton/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226/ctn91xx_net.c:315:11:
> error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘last_rx’
>       netdev->last_rx = jiffies;
>             ^~
> /root/ceton/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226/ctn91xx_net.c: In
> function ‘ctn91xx_net_isr_ex’:
> /root/ceton/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226/ctn91xx_net.c:365:23:
> error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘last_rx’
>                   netdev->last_rx = jiffies;
>                         ^~
>
> Anyone interested in helping me tackle this?  I cannot imagine the list
> handling an attachment, so would either need to paste relevant parts of
> code here or work off to the side in private email?
>
> Thank you, Scott

i am not sure this is going to help you, but arch linux in the user
repository has this package which is good with kernel 4.13. if you look
in the package build file you will see the reference to several patches
that allow it to build. so maybe you could implement those. the package
is current to november this year.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ceton_infinitv/