[mythtv-users] New install - CentOS, Connectivity issues

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 21:21:57 UTC 2017

On 8 August 2017 5:02:33 am Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> New install, had help from our wonderful community to get the BE and FE
> working. But I have couple issues and someone suggested to open separate
> threads to not confuse one from the other so here I go.
>
> Here's the config for the FE:
>
> [root at mythfe7 mythtv]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 28
> model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  230   @ 1.60GHz
> stepping        : 2
> microcode       : 0x218
> cpu MHz         : 1599.965
> cache size      : 512 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 1
> apicid          : 0
> initial apicid  : 0
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 10
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
> constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
> ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dtherm
> bogomips        : 3199.93
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 32 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:
>
> processor       : 1
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 28
> model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  230   @ 1.60GHz
> stepping        : 2
> microcode       : 0x218
> cpu MHz         : 1599.965
> cache size      : 512 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 1
> apicid          : 1
> initial apicid  : 1
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 10
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
> constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
> ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dtherm
> bogomips        : 3199.93
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 32 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:
>

> On the backend (brand new VM) - i have added videos via NFS (created video
> folder and shared my existing 0.27 myth backend video folder)
>
> I changed the permission of this new backend Video folder by:
>
> * chmod g+w /usr/local/media/videos/*
>
> Issue:

> [...]

On the backend what are your folder paths in your video storage group? And what is your NFS mount point / path?
On the frontend, is the NFS share also mounted and if yes what is its mount point / path?

Mythfrontend will check the storage group folders directly before asking the BE to stream at which point the BE will check the storage group folders. It is possible that mythfrontend can find the file directly if the identical mount points exist on both the BE and the FE, but perhaps the user running mythfrontend does not have permission to read it.

You are also getting these which may or may not be related but probably need to be sorted out. Does your BE recording drive also contain your OS and / or database?

2017-08-07 13:32:52.239231 I [3454/4143] SendMessage mythcorecontext.cpp:436 (ConnectCommandSocket) - MythCoreContext::ConnectCommandSocket(): Connecting to backend server: 172.16.10.54:6543 (try 1 of 1)

2017-08-07 13:32:59.254191 E [3454/4149] MythSocketThread(-1) mythsocket.cpp:858 (ReadStringListReal) - MythSocket(7f92b40088b0:53): ReadStringList: Error, timed out after 7000 ms.

2017-08-07 13:32:59.254443 C [3454/4143] SendMessage mythcorecontext.cpp:1549 (CheckProtoVersion) - Protocol version check failure.

            The response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty.

            This happens when the backend is too busy to respond,

            or has deadlocked due to bugs or hardware failure.

2017-08-07 13:32:59.254878 I [3454/3568] MetadataDownload mythcorecontext.cpp:436 (ConnectCommandSocket) - MythCoreContext::ConnectCommandSocket(): Connecting to backend server: 172.16.10.54:6543 (try 1 of 1)