[mythtv-users] "This show was marked to never be recorded" "Forget Old" fails

Will Marler will.marler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 19:11:48 UTC 2017

Hey MythTV users,

I'm having a hard time getting mythweb to schedule NHL recordings. Mythweb
says that a show is marked as never to be recorded, and clicking the
"Forget Old" button doesn't have any effect.

Here's a screenshot of what comes up when I search "^NHL":
https://goo.gl/photos/Gjs9PbHSU71ADAqZA

They all have the dotted line around them, which I think means "there's a
schedule defined for this to never record this show." When I click on one I
get a view like this: https://goo.gl/photos/WFB8h2n6eenwb7g5A

This is where clicking on the "Forget Old" old has no effect. Using the
"Record this specific showing" button in the Schedule Override section I
can override specific recordings to schedule them to be recorded, but I
don't want that. I want to schedule recording of all NHL games, and have
them record automatically, without manual intervention.

When I click on the "Forget Old" button, this is the output to mysql's
general_log_file: https://pastebin.com/ACdK1z2y (on this paste, the request
timed out, and I eventually reloaded the page, https://
[redacted]/mythweb/tv/detail/1091/1492909200?forget_old=yes ... twice I
think).

And this is what's ouput to the console from "mythtvbackend --loglevel
debug" while I searched for "NHL", and tried to get the games to schedule:
https://pastebin.com/BcxBGpp8

(P.S.: Maybe related: I *really* don't understand the
"DVBChan[4](/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0): Opening DVB frontend device
failed. eno: Permission denied (13)" messages here -- recording/LiveTV work
fine; this could be b/c I ran mythtvbackend in a shell using the user not
configured in the mythtv systemd service configuration ).

I'm not sure how to proceed. Something seems broken in the database, but
I'm at a loss of how to fix it : (. Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks in advance,

Will