[mythtv-users] Schedules all WRONG

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 5 10:31:33 UTC 2017

On 03/28/2017 03:32 PM, Lee Maisel wrote:

> I am using the stock grabber, maybe I should use a different one?
>
> When I do a channel scan, how do I ensure the information is correct?
> I would assume it is, as it was provided by the broadcaster? maybe?  I
> don't really know much about it.
>
> I guess if I could come up with an accurate XMLTVID for each channel
> found, it would solve my problems, but how to do that?
>
> It seems some found channels don't even have one!

Yes, generally the information transmitted about the channel is garbage
because either the provider doesn't provide anything or they change it
so frequently that it isn't useful.  If the info can't be matched up
with anything in the Schedules Direct info, MythTV won't be able to fill
in any XMLTV ID.  So your best bet is to assume you'll need to populate
that info yourself.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV_ID#Schedules_Direct

Mike