[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:17:53 UTC 2016

Hoi Jan,

Monday, September 19, 2016, 10:24:40 AM, you wrote:

> Dear list,

> I have multiple listings sources, in part because there is no single
> listings source that has all of the data that I need. Each listings
> source has its own program ID scheme, so I can't rely on program IDs for
> duplicate checking, particularly of shows that might be broadcast on
> multiple channels and therefore get to me via multiple listings sources
> (such as movies).

> I thought I had solved this problem by including the following in my
> daily listings cleanup script:

> # Force duplicate matching to rely on title, subtitle, description (or
> whatever
> # is set in the recording rule) by getting rid of program IDs which are not
> # consistent between listings sources.
> update program set programid="";

> This gets executed after the mythfilldatabase --file runs (for each of
> the listings sources) and is followed by a mythutil --resched.

> The rule using which I record all movies has its duplicate check method
> set to Subtitle.

> Yet I still see duplicate movies in the upcoming recordings. For
> example, I could have sworn that I recently watched and then deleted
> (without "allow re-record") Escape from Alcatraz, but it is again going
> to be recorded.

> Can anyone suggest how I can further troubleshoot this? For example:

> - how can I confirm that Escape from Alcatraz was indeed recently deleted?
> - how do I double-confirm that the upcoming showing of this movie is
> being recorded because of the recording rule that includes Subtitle as
> its duplicate setting (although mythweb already says so)?
> - any other troubleshooting steps you would recommend?

> Many thanks, Jan

That's why I took it on me to better the Dutch grabber, which I know
you use. Most channels now supply sufficient data that MythTV creates
consistent progids. If you would remove the progids from your separate
sources before importing, I guess the MythTV created progids would be
consistent over your sources. Although as I'm writing this I do not
know if progids are created for sports, as I rarely watch them, but
they are for movies and series.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven