[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 19 15:53:52 UTC 2016

On 09/19/2016 09:56 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have multiple listings sources, in part because there is no single
>> listings source that has all of the data that I need. Each listings
>> source has its own program ID scheme, so I can't rely on program IDs for
>> duplicate checking, particularly of shows that might be broadcast on
>> multiple channels and therefore get to me via multiple listings sources
>> (such as movies).
>>
>> I thought I had solved this problem by including the following in my
>> daily listings cleanup script:
>>
>> # Force duplicate matching to rely on title, subtitle, description (or
>> whatever
>> # is set in the recording rule) by getting rid of program IDs which are not
>> # consistent between listings sources.
>> update program set programid="";
>>
>> This gets executed after the mythfilldatabase --file runs (for each of
>> the listings sources) and is followed by a mythutil --resched.
>>
>> The rule using which I record all movies has its duplicate check method
>> set to Subtitle.
>>
>> Yet I still see duplicate movies in the upcoming recordings. For
>> example, I could have sworn that I recently watched and then deleted
>> (without "allow re-record") Escape from Alcatraz, but it is again going
>> to be recorded.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how I can further troubleshoot this? For example:
>>
>> - how can I confirm that Escape from Alcatraz was indeed recently deleted?
>> - how do I double-confirm that the upcoming showing of this movie is
>> being recorded because of the recording rule that includes Subtitle as
>> its duplicate setting (although mythweb already says so)?
>> - any other troubleshooting steps you would recommend?
>>
>> Many thanks, Jan
>>
> Here are some mysql queries that might start to shed some light:
> Show upcoming programs:
> SELECT programid, channum, callsign, listingsource, starttime, title,
> subtitle, description FROM program, channel WHERE
> program.chanid=channel.chanid AND title='Escape From Alcatraz';
> Show previously recorded programs:
> SELECT programid, channum, callsign, starttime, recstatus, title, subtitle,
> description FROM oldrecorded, channel WHERE
> oldrecorded.chanid=channel.chanid AND title='Escape From Alcatraz';
>
> The recstatus field may be interesting there. Here's the enumeration of
> that value:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/v0.27.3/mythtv/libs/libmyth/programtypes.h#L210

Or you could just go into the Program Guide or Manage
Recordings|Upcoming Recordings (
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Manage_Recordings#Upcoming_Recordings ) to
find information about any future matches, and you can go to Manage
Recordings|Previously Recorded (
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Manage_Recordings#Previously_Recorded ) to
find information about previously recorded showings. Find the episode
and notice the recording status character (see linked
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recording_Status_Character ) tells you why
the show was/was not recorded, and hit MENU|Program Details to get
information, such as the program ID.

In Previously Recorded, when finding the episode (notice the "sort"
information likely shown on the screen somewhere, saying hit 1 to sort
by time and 2 to sort by title--pressing the same again to switch
ascending/descending), and hit MENU|Program Details .  In Upcoming
Recordings, selecting 1 shows all matching showings in the current
listings and hitting 2 shows only "Important" showings (i.e. those that
are actually being recorded without the ignored duplicates, etc.).

Mike