[mythtv-users] Completely cable/satellite cutting???

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:50:00 UTC 2016

You may want to check out the Nvidia Shield AndroidTV iff you haven't
already purchased the Roku.  I received one for Christmas last year and my
family loves it.  Kodi or SPMC run well and play all of our MythTV
recordings from HDHR tuners.  As an unexpected bonus we are able to watch
Live TV via Kodi and MythtTV.  We're not a sports family so I'm not sure
what streaming options are available for that but we found everything we
used to stream via Roku 2XS is available on the Shield Android TV.

Plex server can also run on the Shield and will include DVR functionality
soon.  The HDHR DVR is expected to run on Shield as well but I doubt either
will hold a candle to MythTV.

Just a thought if the hardware hasn't been purchased.
-Mark