[mythtv-users] /find_orphans.py crashes mythbackend

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 11 06:23:28 UTC 2016

On 04-09-16 14:43, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> Does find_orphans manage the amount of files sent to the backend to be
>> deleted?
>> Does the backend manage the amount of files sent to mysql to be deleted?
>> Assuming one can delete all files sent to 'it; in one go at any time is
>> a weird assumption.
>
> So we probably don't use a queue and try to delete all the recordings at
> once. /me shrugs

So we need a queue or similar.
I cannot reproduce the issue anymore without deleting my recordings.
Maybe we can have a simple SQL query to inject some fake recordings?
(i.e. e.g. duplicate the available recordings with a changed year)
That would mean that anyone can reproduce the issue without harming
their recordings.

> never been tested and therefore never been hit before.

It has not been well thought about before.

> The *reason* for asking for a backtrace is so the relevant code can
> be identified, and potentially fixed.

That is good news.
Please help me reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,