[mythtv-users] /find_orphans.py crashes mythbackend

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Sun Sep 4 12:43:08 UTC 2016

On 04/09/16 05:10, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 02-09-16 17:24, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> I tried to delete 4000+ orphaned recordings via find_orphans.
>>
>> That's a lot of files to be deleting at once--likely far more files than
>> your system's limits allow a single user to open at once.
>
> Does find_orphans manage the amount of files sent to the backend to be
> deleted?
> Does the backend manage the amount of files sent to mysql to be deleted?
> Assuming one can delete all files sent to 'it; in one go at any time is
> a weird assumption.

So we probably don't use a queue and try to delete all the recordings at
once. /me shrugs

>> It's also not
>> normal for a MythTV user to have 4000+ orphans,
>
> So I should not be able to handle 4000 orphans? Never crashed something?
> What is the 'normal' limit here?
> I see just assumptions and not sane logic and thus no sane code.

It's clearly not a normal situation and therefore something that's
never been tested and therefore never been hit before.

The *reason* for asking for a backtrace is so the relevant code can
be identified, and potentially fixed.

Regards
Stuart