[mythtv-users] More DRM for Frontier FIOS

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 17:11:08 UTC 2016

Kevin Wambsganz <wambs at verizon.net> wrote:

> This has saved me lots money, since renting the cable cards only cost $5 each. I guess from Frontiers point of view, it has saved me too much!

<only slightly tongue in cheek>
And therein lies the problem, you've admitted that you are (from their PoV) a freeloader and it's clearly in their interests to make you pay more money.

Remember that these companies do not exist to provide you with TV etc - that is only the means they use to satisfy their primary objective which is to generate profits for their shareholders. By your own admission, they are getting less from you than they would if you had to use their devices - and hence it's in their interested to clamp down on such anti-corporate activities.