[mythtv-users] Streaming radio search seems to be empty?

marshalj at spots.ab.ca marshalj at spots.ab.ca
Thu Oct 27 16:52:40 UTC 2016

I'm pretty new to the whole radio streaming thing on Myth, but figured
since 0.28 has a ton of "stations" already defined, I'd give it
another shot.

Year ago, I managed to get one stream defined, and it still works
fine.  If I try to add a stream and perform a search, though, I can't
seem to change anything in any of the Broadcaster, Genre, Country or
Language boxes, and there are no streams listed beneath these possible
"refinement" boxes.  I'm guessing here, but it seems like there are
no streams in the system to populate those boxes with possible values.
 It's that or I have no idea how to drive this interface.  Either is
distinctly possible -- I never presume to think it's not driver
error!!

PS.  I did a mythutil --updateradiostreams on the backend -- not
sure if that's the right place to do it.  Actually, it seems to do it
there even if i do it on a frontend.  Anyway, the last line in the
output is "MusicMetadata: radio streams list is already up to date"
which makes it appear as if the backend at least has the whole list
stashed somewhere.

So how the heck do I get at it?  Thanks in advance, and by all means
tell me to RTFML archives if the answer is in there.  I looked for a
while, but kept getting pages mentioning other stuff to do with
streaming.

---
Jason M