[mythtv-users] MythTV Light + Raspberry Pi 3

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 19:40:50 UTC 2016

On 10/24/2016 02:40 PM, Bert Haskins wrote:

> On 10/23/2016 1:30 PM, marshalj at spots.ab.ca wrote:
>>
>>     > MythTV version 0.27 is not officially supported on Raspberry
>>     Pi. I do not know why the plugins would not work, but I recommend
>>     upgrading your environment to 0.28, as the
>>
>>     > Raspberry Pi 0.27 version does not use the official MythTV
>>     source, and has some bugs.
>>
>>     > Peter
>>

>>         Thanks Peter -- I'm upgrading everything now!
>>
>>         Two backends and three frontends, so the process will take a
>>         while, but I'll report back if i have success (or failure).
>>

>>         ---
>>
>>         Jason M

> I spent a lot of time trying to get a .27 version to work on any one
> of my three PI versions and finally got to the point where I found out
> it would not work because my .27 backend was too old.
> I then bought a new hard drive for the backend and installed a new
> .28 backend got it up and recorded a few shows by using mythweb and
> playing back through my Asus streamer box.
> I then bought a new SD card and installed the latest Bananian pixel
> and mythtv-light as a new, clean install on a new Pi 3 and ended up
> stuck in the database setup endless loop.
> The host name is the working 192.168.1.252 address name of the backend .
> What can I try next?
> Thanks,
>   Bert

Are you using Banana Pi or Raspberry Pi? I think bananian only runs on
banana pi?

When you say the host name, I assume you are referring to the
.mythtv/config.xml file.

It sounds like your Raspberry Pi is unable to contact the database. Make
sure the database is set up to allow remote logins. If this is not the
problem check your connectivity and try logging on to the database using
mysql from the raspberry pi.