[mythtv-users] MythTV Light + Raspberry Pi 3

Bert Haskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Mon Oct 24 18:40:18 UTC 2016

On 10/23/2016 1:30 PM, marshalj at spots.ab.ca wrote:

>     > MythTV version 0.27 is not officially supported on Raspberry Pi.
>     I do not know why the plugins would not work, but I recommend
>     upgrading your environment to 0.28, as the
>
>     > Raspberry Pi 0.27 version does not use the official MythTV
>     source, and has some bugs.
>
>     > Peter
>

>         Thanks Peter -- I'm upgrading everything now!
>
>         Two backends and three frontends, so the process will take a
>         while, but I'll report back if i have success (or failure).
>

>         ---
>
>         Jason M

I spent a lot of time trying to get a .27 version to work on any one of
my three PI versions and finally got to the point where I found out it
would not work because my .27 backend was too old.
I then bought a new hard drive for the backend and installed a new .28
backend got it up and recorded a few shows by using mythweb and playing
back through my Asus streamer box.
I then bought a new SD card and installed the latest Bananian pixel and
mythtv-light as a new, clean install on a new Pi 3 and ended up stuck in
the database setup endless loop.
The host name is the working 192.168.1.252 address name of the backend .
What can I try next?
Thanks,
   Bert