[mythtv-users] MythTV Light + Raspberry Pi 3

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Oct 23 09:06:28 UTC 2016

On 23/10/16 06:30, marshalj at spots.ab.ca wrote:

> Bought a Raspberry Pi to replace an Intel Compute Stick frontend that
> stopped booting.  Raspbian + MythTV Light (0.27), got the whole thing
> working nicely in only an hour or so, including the install of Raspian
> which probably took 20 minutes of that.  Overall, a very cool little
> box, and I give the version 3 units five thumbs up.
>
> Recordings and videos are working fine, but the plugin-related stuff
> like Myth Music and Myth-everything-else aren't showing up in the
> frontend.  Like they're not even in the menu.  Weird.
>
> I'm not finding a ton of doc on MythTV Light for the Raspberry Pi, and
> I've never had stuff just not show up in the frontend menus before, so
> I'm not sure where to turn other than here for help.  Sorry if this
> sounds silly, but is there something I need to do to "connect" or
> "register" the plugins with the frontend?  Maybe the themes that come
> with MythTV Light just don't have those things listed?  Seems like an
> odd design choice given someone put the effort into assembling the
> plugins package...
>
> Hoping this is just me being dumb and missing something obvious...
>
> PS. I removed and re-installed the two Light packages, but nothing
> changed.  Also ran it as root, same thing.  Wiped the 'pi' homedir,
> nothing changed.  Blew away the settings table entries for this
> frontend, you guess it, no change.
>
> I'm puzzled!!  Hoping someone can help me out here, I'm pretty stumped!!
>
> ---
> Jason M

The plugin menu entries have a a 'depends' clause that cause them to be
shown only if the corresponding plugin is actually installed.

So for whatever reason it sounds like the plugins haven’t been installed
in the default setup. Maybe you just need to install the individual
packages separately for each plugin you want assuming they are available
for the RPi, could be a case of the creator of MythTV Light doesn't use
the plugins so hasn't made them available.

Paul H.