[mythtv-users] MythTV Light + Raspberry Pi 3

marshalj at spots.ab.ca marshalj at spots.ab.ca
Sun Oct 23 05:30:51 UTC 2016

Bought a Raspberry Pi to replace an Intel Compute Stick frontend that
stopped booting.  Raspbian + MythTV Light (0.27), got the whole thing
working nicely in only an hour or so, including the install of Raspian
which probably took 20 minutes of that.  Overall, a very cool little
box, and I give the version 3 units five thumbs up.

Recordings and videos are working fine, but the plugin-related stuff
like Myth Music and Myth-everything-else aren't showing up in the
frontend.  Like they're not even in the menu.  Weird.

I'm not finding a ton of doc on MythTV Light for the Raspberry Pi, and
I've never had stuff just not show up in the frontend menus before, so
I'm not sure where to turn other than here for help.  Sorry if this
sounds silly, but is there something I need to do to "connect" or
"register" the plugins with the frontend?  Maybe the themes that come
with MythTV Light just don't have those things listed?  Seems like an
odd design choice given someone put the effort into assembling the
plugins package...

Hoping this is just me being dumb and missing something obvious...

PS. I removed and re-installed the two Light packages, but nothing
changed.  Also ran it as root, same thing.  Wiped the 'pi' homedir,
nothing changed.  Blew away the settings table entries for this
frontend, you guess it, no change.

I'm puzzled!!  Hoping someone can help me out here, I'm pretty
stumped!!

---
Jason M