[mythtv-users] No listing or guide data showing in mythweb or mythfrontend

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 14:46:35 UTC 2016

On 10/21/2016 12:52 PM, Brett R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hoping someone is willing to give me a hand getting this working.
>
> I can run MFDB, pull in data from Sched Direct and populate the
> program table. When running the frontend, looking at the mythbackend
> debug logs it appears that the sql queries are returning rows (not
> that I know which query is for which operation, but they are
> definitely connecting and returning data). Yet nothing is appearing
> when looking at the guide in either the frontend or through mythweb.
>
> Fresh install of fixes/0.27 (compiled locally on RPI3; 0.27 for
> intentional reasons) and fresh database. I have scoured the net for
> about a week now but not making any progress. So far most everything
> else seems to be working correctly but honestly haven't used it much
> since the guide is not working. Hoping to tackle this first.
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> --
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett
Hi Brett

There is no official support for Raspberry Pi  on 0.27. Which source did
you use? If you use the source from the MythTV git, recordings will not
play at all, as it does not have the OpenMAX support in that version. If
you use the unofficial source from the bennettpeter repository,
raspi/0.27 branch the front end will work. However that branch is
cobbled together from various patches and some  things may not work.

There is no official support for running the backend on raspberry pi.
Normally people use it as frontend only.

Where is your database? I feel that it is unlikely that the database,
frontend, backend and mythweb can all run on a raspberry pi at one time
with its 1 GB of memory. I think it most likely that you accidentally
have two databases and the mythfilldatabase is running against the wrong
one. Look at the .mythtv/config.xml. Are you running under different
user ids that may have different config.xml files?

Anyway, I am interested in your whole setup. I do not know how well the
raspberry pi may run the backend so I would like to know how it turns out.

Peter