[mythtv-users] Failed recordings tuner?

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Oct 8 20:14:37 UTC 2016

On 10/08/2016 09:02 AM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> Is there a way to see which tuner a show was recorded on after the
> fact?  'Upcoming Recordings' displays the tuner number but 'Previously
> Recorded' doesn't (or else I don't know how to find that - yet!).
>
> Problem is will have failed recordings and trying to figure out which
> tuner is the culprit.  (Thinking more the coax from splitter to
> tuner.)  Last night two shows on Channel 8 failed but this morning the
> one show on Channel 8 was fine.  (And Channel 8 is 1,000 KW ERP.;
> transmitter about 20 miles from here.)
>
> TIA!
>
> Barry

You can usually determine which 'input' was used, either from the
filename of the recording or, depending on which version of MythTV you
have, using the 'i' twice method as mentioned by others. Associating an
input with a specific tuner depends on how you configured your
inputs/tuners.  I have six tuners (3 HDHRs), and I configured each on
it's own input, so I can easily determine this kind of thing.

Another approach is to select each tuner in live TV mode and see which
one is wonky.  For HDHR tuners, you can use the hdhomerungui application
and check each tuner to find which one is bad.  For me, it usually is
the wall wart power supply that needs replacing.

Jay