[mythtv-users] Disable Mythical Bookmark

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Oct 5 09:25:11 UTC 2016

On 04/10/16 23:43, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/10/16 22:11, Mark Goldberg wrote:
>> Is there any easy way to disable the new "Mythical Bookmark" that is in
>> 0.28? I have off the air TV in the US and Schedules Direct, and they
>> often start the program up to a minute off. I used to just fast forward
>> to when it starts, or just wait, which required no action. Now, I have
>> to jump back on most of the recordings to see the start of the show. I
>> don't find it helpful to start playback after the preroll in my
>> circumstance. I am sure is it helpful to other people. An option to use
>> it or not use it would be useful.
>>
>> Mark
>
> 'mythutil --clearbookmarks --chanid --starttime' is available.  You could run it as a user job after
> recording has finished.

Actually it would make some sense in this case to make the bookmarking adjustable, with the
"scheduled" time being the default.

If the programs /regularly/ start earlier or later on one or more specific channels then a bulk
adjustment would seem to be the thing to do, but of course that will involve extra fiddly settings
and so on...

An odd thought while writing this - have you checked that the time is correctly set? If the guilty
channel always runs early, maybe your clock is slow or theirs is fast? If the latter, you have
grounds for complaining to the station.

--

Mike Perkins