[mythtv-users] First YouTube and now TED failing

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Oct 4 08:59:08 UTC 2016

> Den 2016-09-24 kl. 07:48, skrev Robin Gilks:
>> I'm not having a lot of luck with MythTV at the moment!!
>
> :(
>
>> I know that YouTube has not worked for some months - in fact I'm sure
>> I've
>> never seen it work in 0.28 - but now Ted Talks don't play either. Both
>> work fine in any browser I try so is it the MythBrowser plugin that is
>> too
>> out of date to handle this streaming stuff now?
>
> YouTube works just fine here.  Maybe you are missing the gstreamer
> packages (probably gstreamer1.0-plugins-good and gstreamer1.0-libav)?
>
>> I get the error
>> "Can't start playback"
>> "TV Player"
>> "Failed to open stream (-130794744)"
>>
>> TED was OK a week ago but I guess that doesn't mean a lot :(
>
> It appears that TED is now using https:// and mythfrontend did not allow
> you to play back such streams.  That does not explain the error messages
> you get though since they come from actually trying to open the stream.
> For which video (title & URL) do you get that, and when did you refresh
> the list of videos?
>
> I have pushed changes to the master and fixes/0.28 branches that allow
> mythfrontend to play back videos streamed over https://.  Hopefully you
> will get it to work with that.

Your changes have now filtered through to Mythbuntu (I've checked that the
change is there by using 'strings' and comparing with the old binary) but
still no luck with either the search or RSS feeds on TED.

Got YouTube video to play but not had a lot of luck getting audio down the
HDMI wire!!

--
Robin Gilks