[mythtv-users] MySQL recordedseek regularly getting corrupted

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:30:39 UTC 2016

Hoi Jean-Yves,

Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 12:17:00 AM, you wrote:

> On 30 November 2016 at 10:13, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm at my wit ends and it's something I have to fix rather regularly.
>> Used to be every few months, now it can happen several times a week.
>>
>> When that happen, I can no longer seek in the file.
>>
>> running mysqlcheck gives me:
>> mythconverg.recordedseek
>> error    : Can't create new tempfile: './mythconverg/recordedseek.TMD'
>> status   : Operation failed

> Running the instructions there:
> https://admin-ahead.com/forum/general-linux/mysql-database-repair-errorcan't-create-new-tempfile-'-databasewp_posts-tmd'/

> root at mediaserver-surrey1:/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg# myisamchk
recordedseek.MYI >> log.txt
> myisamchk: warning: Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
> MyISAM-table 'recordedseek.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

As it concerns a tmp table very probable either the tmp file it tries
to create exists and cannot be deleted or you are out of space and/or
inodes on that filesystem. So check the existence of the file
mentioned in your log and its rights if it exists and check the result
of df and df -i.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven