[mythtv-users] Mythbackend always runs at startup

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 15:22:05 UTC 2016

On 11/25/2016 04:33 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> I've migrated a 14.04 mythtv database over to  a newly built 16.04
> box.  All went pretty well, except when I restart the computer, it
> always comes into the mythbackend setup program.  I don't see anything
> wrong with the settings, so I exit from it, manually start the
> frontend, and all is well.  This happens each time I reboot, any
> suggestions on what to look for?
I think all the replies so far may have missed the actual problem.

You say that that setup is running at startup.

I believe you may be running mythbuntu. The 16.04 version of mythbuntu
is different. It runs setup at the first boot of the system after
operating system installation. If you do not complete setup, it runs
setup again at the next boot and so on until you have completed setup.
Either you have not completed setup, or else something has gone wrong
with that mythbuntu mechanism. Check if your mythbackend is running and
whether it has some message indicating setup is not complete.