[mythtv-users] Frontend hardware: VDPAU or VAAPI?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Nov 17 15:05:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-17 at 16:24 +1100, rob e wrote:
> I've also use the NUC5CPYH, in addition to Pi 2, pi 3, Asus
> Chromebox
> 2955U.

That's the Celeron option, yes?  A bit pricey compared to the ION
machines I bought at about C$100.  Those were with 2G of RAM also but
no local storage (HDD, SSD, etc.) though, so maybe comparable.  Except
that I can't scale a Chromebox back (i.e. buy without an SSDa) to those
cheaper IONs to make them cheaper.  MythFEs really don't need any local
storage (if you netboot them, which I do) never mind SSD.

Cheers,
b.