[mythtv-users] Imon remote frustrations

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 06:26:20 UTC 2016

This past weekend my faithful Gen 1 HDHomerun finally died (and a new
power supply didn't fix it this time).  I had been using that as my IR
receiver to control my system and it worked easily and flawlessly.
I've got a new HDHomerun on order but these models do not have IR.

My case is the Antec Fusion with the VFD and Imon IR receiver and I've
had no luck getting the remote working with either LIRC or
ir-keytable.  My previous setup was using LIRC with the HDHomerun
receiver.  I was using a default remote setup from my Onkyo receiver
and just mapped the buttons to the corresponding Mythtv codes.  Here's
an snippit from my lircd.conf:

# brand:                                   Onkyo
# model no. of remote control:             RC-425DV
# devices being controlled by this remote: 5-disc DVD player
#

begin remote

  name  Onkyo_RC-425DV
  bits           16
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

  header       9041  4433
  one           585  1655
  zero          585   535
  ptrail        598
  repeat       9017  2204
  pre_data_bits   16
  pre_data       0x4BD4
  gap          107523
  toggle_bit_mask 0x0
  suppress_repeat 3
      begin codes
          Power                    0x20DF
          OpenClose             0xA05F

I'm now trying to get the same setup working using the IR receiver in the case:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller

It just does not seem to be working no matter what I try. With LIRC I
can't get any codes generated using irw.  With ir-keytable I don't get
any output with the "-t" option.

Does anyone with this case have the IR receiver working? What are you
using?  LIRC or ir-keytable?  How do you get a remote such as the one
above working with it?  If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear
them!

Thanks,

Neil