[mythtv-users] Lubuntu 16.04 - Latest NVidia update causes frontend to crash

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:20:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Nov 2016 01:34:35 +1300, you wrote:
>
> Oops, typo in my previous post.  The Nvidia driver version I am using
> is 304, not 340!

Hey all,

Yes, I was able to revert to the Nvidia driver 304.131. It was an update
listed under the "security" fixes, so it's already asked me to update it
again. Your previous post showed me how to "lock" the version, and I have
done that now so I don't have to worry about it being automatically updated
again. (Thanks!)

This may be due to my very old Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 card. I have been
surprised that it has been supported this long.

But if it's either a bug in the new driver, or it's exposing a bug in
mythfrontend ( as opposed to say, a new "feature" in the driver that only
causes this problem on very old Nvidia cards), then I am sure other MythTV
users will be running into this in short order.

I know there are command line options that I can use with mythfrontend that
increase the logging of certain features... is there one for "rendering"
that I can use that may help us pinpoint what's going wrong?

Thanks,

-- George