[mythtv-users] Rotor issues

Peter Bienstman peter.bienstman at gmail.com
Sun May 22 19:56:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a satellite dish connected to a rotor. Switching channels
within a single satellite works without problems, but for turning to
another satellite, often I have to try several times before I get a
lock, e.g. by selecting a different channel in the new satellite, or
first switching to a different satellite altogether. Sometimes I have
to try this many times, or even reboot.

I tried increasing all sorts of timeouts, disecq commands repeats,
played with the rotor turning speed settings, etc but without much
effect

mythbackend -v channel --loglevel debug does not reveal anything
special. The correct commands seem to be sent, the channel gets tuned
to, but it's the locking phase that's problematic.

I doubt it's a dish alignment problem, because once I have a lock, the
signal and SNR levels are good and I can keep watching without
problems.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Peter