[mythtv-users] OT: Assigning a Harmony favorite to specific device

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:39:54 UTC 2016

Since the Logitech forums can be low traffic and many of us use Harmony
remotes, I thought I'd post this here too:

My volume up key on my Harmony 300 recently stopped working.

I use the Harmony to control an LG TV and a MythTV PVR via the MCE config
and the VCR/Aux button.

The actual volume control is always assigned to the TV. In TV mode I was
easily able to assign Favorite 1 to VolumeUp.

When I went into the VCR/Aug button settings Favorite 1 was initally
configured to MyMusic, I changed it to VolumeUp but it was sending that
command to Myth's volume control as opposed to the LG TV's. Is there a way
to have Favorite 1 always send VolumeUp to the TV? The regular volume
controls always go to the TV device no matter what mode I'm in.

Thanks.