[mythtv-users] Lookup Metadata Jobs Hang

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun May 15 18:18:49 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 11:32:52 AM Bill Meek wrote:
> On 05/04/2016 09:27 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
> > For the past few weeks, I have been having problems where the backend job queue gets stuck.  It is always because of a hung Lookup Metadata
> > job.  This prevents commercial flagging jobs from running.
> > 1) Why does lookup metadata jobs hang?
> > 2) Why do they not error or time out?  This seems like a bug to me.
>
> I'd look at the mythmetadatalookup.log for hints.
>
> > 3) What is the metadata used for?  I never see any of it.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
>
> > 4) How can I disable metadata lookups?
>
> In mythtv-setup, see: "Allow metadata lookup jobs" and turn it off.
> Or, you can do it on a per-recording-rule basis too.

A couple things I've found about doing this [0.27.6, Fedora 22]

If I disable "Allow metadata lookup jobs" but have old recording rules that selected lookup, my job queue will fill up with failed attempts and they'll need to be cleared. I needed to go through all my rules to de-select metadata lookups or they'll keep filling the queue.

Then I had to find the Default Recording Template and de-select lookups there so they won't be selected for every recording in the future.

And even then, for me using MythWeb, the ttvdb.py and tmdb3.py grabbers will still run every time I enter and exit a new or old recording rule.

How do I disable all the grabbers permanently?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca