[mythtv-users] How to tell the scheduler that video source will be unavailable

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat May 14 09:13:51 UTC 2016

On Sat, 14 May 2016 08:11:24 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear list,
>
>My CATV operator has announced that there will be service interruptions
>during working hours on each day of next week.
>
>Is there a way of informing the scheduler that the signal isn't going to
>be available during these times so that no recordings should be
>attempted, regardless of what the guide data says?
>
>I'd like to avoid taking the backend down as my wife will want to watch
>recordings during these times.
>
>Many thanks, Jan

I do not know of any global way of setting a time period where
recordings are not wanted.  But it is quite simple to go to Manage
Recordings > Upcoming Recordings in mythfrontend and manually add a Do
Not Record override.  Just go to each recording in the time period and
hit the Enter key twice.  The first Enter brings up the menu, and the
second selects the first item on the menu, which (I think by design)
just happens to be the option for "Do not record this showing".  If
you hit the enter key twice fast enough, you normally do not even see
the menu and the recording just changes to greyed out, exactly as
wanted.  So it is very easy to do this to a whole list of recordings
in just a few seconds using the keyboard.

Using the Do Not Record override will allow the programme to be
recorded at a later time if it is available.