[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup 0.28 segmentation fault

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:05:37 UTC 2016

On 05/09/2016 09:51 AM, Khanh Tran wrote:
> I've cleared out all myth libraries from /usr/local/lib as well as
> /usr/local/include/mythtv.  Mythtv-setup doesn't dump a core file so I
> don't get anything from gdb mythtv-setup -c ./core 2>&1 | tee
> mythtv-setup_backtrace.txt.
>
> I'd like to have something to add to the trac ticket other than a "me too"
> but don't know where to go from here.  Mythfrontend on my (dedicated)
> backend also segfaults, so I can only guess it's some kind of X or graphics
> issue.  Mythbackend runs just fine.

Good idea (about not doing a "me too".) I was just suggesting looking for
a match before creating a new ticket.

Make sure you've done the ulimit -c unlimited. Not having done that
can prevent cores. Also, there may be other things that change the
location of the cores.

See the kernel.core_pattern = /tmp/core.%t.%u.%p.%e example. Look in
/etc/sysctl.conf and/or /etc/sysctl.d/* for core related issues.

I recall that Mythbuntu sets some of these things on-the-fly at boot
time. Your distro may too. Try this to see your current settings:

     sysctl -a 2>&1 | grep kernel.core

--
Bill