[mythtv-users] MythPodcaster on Ubuntu 16.04

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat May 7 07:59:37 UTC 2016

-----Original message-----
From:Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>
Sent:Mon 02-05-2016 08:24
Subject:[mythtv-users] MythPodcaster on Ubuntu 16.04
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;

Dear all,

I've been using MythPodcaster (running in tomcat8) to create podcasts from my Mythtv recordings for a few years now but, unfortunately it seems to have been broken by the upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04.

My initial investigation suggested that it is because the Spring components won't work with Java 1.8, so I downgraded my java to java-7-oracle. Sadly MythPodcaster still doesn't work and I get no messages in mythpodcaster.log to suggest why - I just get a blank page when I load up the MythPodcaster admin page.

I am not a Java expert, so I would appreciate any help offered to try and get this great tool working again.

Regards,

Dave.

So, to answer my own post in case someone else has the same problem, I managed to get MythPodcaster working again after taking the following steps:

1.	Downgraded Java to Java-7-oracle - this got rid of the Spring errors, but, as described above, only a blank page loaded instead of the Admin page/
2.	Downgraded from Tomcat8 to Tomcat7, this resulted in the Admin page loading, but no programs were in the Recordings list
3.	Removed ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY from the sql-mode settings in mysqld.

MythPodcaster now works!

Regards,

Dave.