[mythtv-users] MythPodcaster on Ubuntu 16.04

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon May 2 22:24:24 UTC 2016

On 2 May 2016 at 17:59, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I've been using MythPodcaster (running in tomcat8) to create podcasts from
> my Mythtv recordings for a few years now but, unfortunately it seems to
> have been broken by the upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04.
>

> My initial investigation suggested that it is because the Spring
> components won't work with Java 1.8, so I downgraded my java to
> java-7-oracle. Sadly MythPodcaster still doesn't work and I get no messages
> in mythpodcaster.log to suggest why - I just get a blank page when I load
> up the MythPodcaster admin page.
>

> I am not a Java expert, so I would appreciate any help offered to try and
> get this great tool working again.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dave.
>
> Sorry I cant help but Perhaps try Mythexport
https://launchpad.net/mythexport

I've been using this for years (although I haven't upgraded to 0.28 yet)
but it is perl based so troubleshooting should be a whole lot easier.

If you do try it let me know and I'll update the wiki to confirm if it
works or not in 0.28

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Unofficial_Plugins#General_Addons

Cheers,

Anthony