[mythtv-users] mythweb unable to connect after upgrade to 028

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu May 5 21:56:28 UTC 2016

On 05/05/2016 04:01 PM, George Bingham wrote:

That ls is odd because the ls has */etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants*
in it. Which should contain symbolic links. I can tell you that mine looks like:

   /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mythtv-backend.service -> /etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service

and correctly points to the service in /etc. How yours got to point to the
/lib one I don't know.

ls -dl /etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service /lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service
should have returned 2 (unlinked) files. Mine looks like this:

   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 971 May  4 08:43 /etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 653 May  5 13:46 /lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service

> Is there something else I can tell it to wait for so that all the inet6
> addresses are up before it launches the backend?

If you're actually using IPv6 addresses, ignore the following:

I'd verify the Backend IP6 address being used in mythtv-setup. ::1 is typical,
and I use a Unique Local Address, but it certainly isn't required. There
was a user, recently, that had a Link Local address (fe80::.....) and I
don't recommend that. Make sure the Master IP address is the same as the
Backend IP address, e.g. 192.168.x.y.

If you're using Network Manager, there is a 'box' to check to require IPv6
addresses to be used and the nm-online command is supposed to honor that.
See the man page for more details.

--
Bill