[mythtv-users] Tracking down encrypted channel

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:39:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe
<jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... My understanding was that hidden channels are
> completely ignored.

Not exactly as I remember it.  Hidden channels (visible=0) are
hidden from the guide.  They still exist, and can be explicitly
viewed by channel (value).  If one really wants the system to
completely ignore those channels, one has to delete them.
But depending on how one populates the channel list, they
may get automatically re-added at some future time.

I seem to recall some people asking for a third state of
invisibility, which does what you say (completely hidden
and inaccessible).  Perhaps someone will eventually want
it enough to submit a feature patch.