[mythtv-users] Tracking down encrypted channel

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:54:35 UTC 2016

On 2 May 2016 at 02:10, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> I believe those numbers are the serviceid values from the channel
> table.  So if you are OK with using SQL on your database, this query
> should tell you what channel:
>
> select chanid,channum,name,callsign,xmltvid,sourceid,mplexid,serviceid
> from channel where serviceid=8201;

Excellent. Thanks for that. What I now don't understand, after also
adding the "visiible" column to the query, is that all the channels
that come up are hidden. My understanding was that hidden channels are
completely ignored. Is this wrong, or is the query wrong, or is
something else going on?

I assume that I can safely test this theory by taking a dump of the
table, deleting the hidden channels, and seeing what happens?

Regards

Jeff