[mythtv-users] XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt failing

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 23:20:08 UTC 2016

On 18 March 2016 at 01:52, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 March 2016 at 22:49, Mythtv-Users Watson
> <mythtv-users at needhammarket.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 17 March 2016 at 14:30, John Veness <John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be interesting to know if this fixes yours too, and whether again
>>> it was the Community Channel that was a problem, or whether there's a wider
>>> problem.
>
>> Yes, it was the Community Channel that was causing a problem - many thanks

Specific trigger understood: trying to create a channel stop time for
the part-time Community Channel at 01:00:00 - the exact (or a second
afterwards) point of the BST transition at 00:59:59 -> 02:00:00 on
Sunday 27th March. This time doesn't exist in local time in the UK,
hence the DateTime error. And I was testing with the regular community
channel listings...

I've adjusted the Community Channel broadcast hours in the channel
config which will trickle down automatically to the grabber, so it
will "just start working" again tomorrow.

All remaining date manipulations are now wrapped in evals to catch any
further potential problems. Rather than die unexpectedly the grabber
will now skip any affected programmes.

I'll get the grabber updated to handle these edge cases, but for now
things should start working again. Apologies to anyone testing the CVS
updates when the error was still present in the code.

On the up-side, the date handling code should now be a lot more bullet proof :)

Cheers,
Nick