[mythtv-users] XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt failing

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 07:16:54 UTC 2016

On March 18, 2016 1:52:42 AM GMT, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 17 March 2016 at 22:49, Mythtv-Users Watson
><mythtv-users at needhammarket.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 17 March 2016 at 14:30, John Veness
><John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be interesting to know if this fixes yours too, and whether
>again
>>> it was the Community Channel that was a problem, or whether there's
>a wider
>>> problem.
>
>> Yes, it was the Community Channel that was causing a problem - many
>thanks
>> John.
>>
>> Thank you also to Nick for the suggestion to run in the console -
>that
>> enabled me to see exactly where XMLTV was failing. Its been such a
>long time
>> since I've had to tinker with XMLTV, that I hadn't thought to do that
>!
>
>If you still have it available, any chance you could send me the
>(compressed) grabber log from when it fails?
>
>It's likely the grabber can be updated to handle whatever issue that
>particular channel is causing.
>
>Thanks,
>Nick

For me I get output short enough to just paste here. This is with a config file containing just "channel freeview.communitychannel.org":

$ tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file communitychannel.xmltv

Using old-style config file
Channel selection: Config file

Program/library version information:

XMLTV library version: 0.5.67
tv_grab_uk_rt version: 1.46, 2015/08/22 00:54:26
  libwww-perl version: 6.03

Source data last updated on: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 04:30:01 GMT

Retrieving channels

The Radio Times has usable data available for 335 channels which we
can use to generate TV listings for regular and some timeshifted
channels. The tv_grab_uk_rt software also has support for an additional
78 timeshifted, 4 part-time, and 4 part-time timeshifted channels
based on the Radio Times data.

In total, tv_grab_uk_rt currently supports 469 channels.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv date="Fri, 18 Mar 2016 04:30:01 GMT" source-info-url="http://www.radiotimes.com" source-info-name="Radio Times XMLTV Service" source-data-url="http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat" generator-info-nam
e="XMLTV/0.5.67, tv_grab_uk_rt 1.46, 2015/08/22 00:54:26 " generator-info-url="http://www.xmltv.org">
  <channel id="freeview.communitychannel.org">
    <display-name>Community Channel [Freeview]</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/cc/communitychannel_uk.jpg" />

     | In accessing this XML feed, you agree that you will |
     | only access its contents for your own personal and  |
     |  non-commercial use and not for any commercial or   |
     |  other purposes, including advertising or selling   |
     |  any goods or services, including any third-party   |
     |   software applications available to the general    |
     |           public. <xmltv.radiotimes.com>            |

Will download listings for 1 configured channels

Retrieving listings

Processing listings for 'Community Channel [Freeview]' (freeview.communitychannel.org)
http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1542.dat: Invalid local time for date in time zone: Europe/London
  </channel>user at htpc:~/.mythtv$

John