[mythtv-users] Kodi

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:08:36 UTC 2016

On 18 Mar 2016 12:11 PM, "Michelle Dupuis" <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:

> I've been hearing a lot about Kodi recently...and the enormous range of
free content.  I don't understand where all those channels/content are
coming from (perhaps it streams from your cable provider's web service)?
Hopefully not a massive pirate network like popcorn now available as a
plugin...

Pretty sure a lot of it is not legitimate.

> Can myth do the same?  Kodi is also very slick.  I've read a few
comparisons from a year ago, but wow I'm wondering if it's time to relegate
Myth to the backend only?

There are lots of threads all about whether MythTV frontend is better than
Kodi. I think it is when it comes to recording programs, playing them back,
skipping ads, skipping forwards and backwards etc. I also think it's easier
to use than Kodi which is important if there's someone in the house so just
wants something nice and simple.

But it's all personal preference.  I think a lot of people like Kodi
because IT has a very impressive looking UI.