[mythtv-users] DVB-S and DVB-C cards and priority

jksjdevelop jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:46:15 UTC 2016

You can set the priorities of tuners in mythtv-setup.
Under tab Input connections, select tuner, press next to get to the
second page, then set Input priority (recpriority in database),Schedule
order and Live TV order as required.
The terms are explained in the wiki.
I use a couple of scripts to control which tuner is dominant to overcome
reception issues or card faults.
# mysql -umythtv -pxxxx --database mythconverg < freeviewhigh.sql
# input or record priority, scheduler will use later time if that tuner
free then larger wins
# schedorder lowest wins
update capturecard set schedorder=5 where displayname="Freesat";
update capturecard set schedorder=3 where displayname="FrvHD";
update capturecard set schedorder=4 where displayname="FrvHD1";
update capturecard set recpriority=2 where displayname="FrvHD1";
update capturecard set recpriority=2 where displayname="FrvHD";
update capturecard set recpriority=1 where displayname="Freesat";
select
cardid,sourceid,displayname,recpriority,quicktune,schedorder,livetvorder
from capturecard order by schedorder;
or
# mysql -umythtv -pxxxx --database mythconverg < freesathigh.sql
# input or record priority, scheduler will use later time if that tuner
free then larger wins
# schedorder lowest wins
update capturecard set schedorder=1 where displayname="Freesat";
update capturecard set schedorder=2 where displayname="FrvHD";
update capturecard set schedorder=3 where displayname="FrvHD1";
update capturecard set recpriority=1 where displayname="FrvHD1";
update capturecard set recpriority=2 where displayname="FrvHD";
update capturecard set recpriority=3 where displayname="Freesat";
select
cardid,sourceid,displayname,recpriority,quicktune,schedorder,livetvorder
from capturecard order by schedorder;

If you keep the numerical differences small you can set particular
programs to specific tuners in the record rule (advanced settings under
mythweb).