[mythtv-users] DVB-S and DVB-C cards and priority

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 21:19:10 UTC 2016

Stephan Seitz <stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net> wrote:

> But how do I configure this setup in MythTV? First, will MythTV notice if the DVB-S card has no dish connected to it without removing the card?

No it won't - it will just try to record and fail.
You need to disable the input - either by deleting all the channels on it, or by disconnecting the input from the card (I think that's the right way round) in mythtv-setup.

> I want MythTV to use the DVB-S tuners if available and if not fall back to the DVB-C tuners (or if more than two tuners are needed).

That's a matter of setting the priorities (newest versions, or by the order the cards are added (older versions).