[mythtv-users] Changing mythweb

John McEntee jmcentee9 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:16:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Stephan Seitz <
stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a question about Mythweb, themes, and languages.
>
> I’m using the German language. The list of upcoming recordings separates
> the days with the following date string:
>
> 4.03.2016
>> 5.03.2016
>
> Switching to the English language (same theme) the date string is:
>
> Fri Mar 4, 2016
>> Sat Mar 5, 2016
>
> I would like to have the weekday in the German language as well. How do I
> change it?
>
> Many greetings,
>
>         Stephan

find you language files for mythtweb on debian they are in

/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules_path/_shared/lang

and edit the "generic_date" variable. e.g. the English.lang it is

"generic_date"
    %a %b %e, %Y

but the German.lang is

"generic_date"
    %e.%m.%Y

change to German.lang to be what you want.