[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 19:07:36 UTC 2016

Hoi Gary,

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>> One thing that thread reminded me of is that module option:
>> "options lirc_zilog tx_only=1
>> This is something I set on my system (also preventative).  Not sure if this
>> is something that only applies if you have the zilog kernel module loading
>> (I did use the blaster on these for a brief period, but it was too slow).

> As I recall, there was a time when using the
> internal ir functionality the box would
> operator poorly (i.e. hang).  I thought that
> was addressed at some point (firmware
> changes by Hauppauge and/or changes
> to the I2C system usage by the zilog
> driver?) but I never followed the details
> carefully, so I could be misremembering.
> I do remember that at the original time the
> best advice was to just say no to using the
> HD-PVR for ir functions.

An idea, if you do not get it working. You say only hard rebooting the
machine gets it working again. This probably means that unplugging it
from both usb and power would also work. The first would reinitialize
the driver, but that might not be enough.
If you connect usb through a short cable with remote operable switch
and the same for the power, you would be able to remotely reset the
device. Something like that very possible is findable on internet and
definitely is not to difficult to make.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven