[mythtv-users] mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 102ms for video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAfff

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 16:38:00 UTC 2016

On 07/20/2016 04:10 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Jul 20 10:29:37 pvr-lr mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1076]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 203ms for video buffers fAAAAAAAAAAAff
> Jul 20 10:29:38 pvr-lr mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1076]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 102ms for video buffers ffAAAAAAAAAAAf
> Jul 20 10:29:43 pvr-lr mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1076]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 102ms for video buffers AfffAAAAAAAAAA
> Jul 20 10:29:43 pvr-lr mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1076]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 204ms for video buffers AfffAAAAAAAAAA
>
> The exact same file played via NFS from the BE plays perfectly fine
> with mplayer so I know all of the hardware and interconnects are up to
> snuff -- none of which have changed pre/post upgrade, and this content
> played just fine with Trusty and 0.27-fixes.
>
> So given that I know the pipeline from the BE to the FE all the way out
> to the display are all working fine, as evidenced by mplayer playing
> the exact same content, where do I start looking in MythTV for the
> bottleneck?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

You did not say what your symptom is. Is it jerky video or no video or
something else?

Waiting for video buffers indicates a slowdown in decoding the video. Is
it mpeg2, x264 or something else?

I suggest go to the playback profile, edit and try changing the Decoder
to Standard. You can leave the renderer as vdpau.

Peter