[mythtv-users] Problem with LIRC after upgrade to Fedora 24

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jul 18 15:40:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Dan Wilga <
mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> On 7/17/16 4:26 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
>
> I tried setting "repeat = 1" for every key in my lircrc file, but I still
> get the bounces in Myth.
>
> I've found that 1 is too small. I generally have to use at least 4, and
> sometimes as high as 8 or 10, depending on the key. Think of this setting
> as meaning, "this is a number of time units during which all keypresses of
> the same key will be considered a single keypress, not the same key being
> pressed more than once."

This shows how much I still have to learn, even after more than a decade of
using Myth. I didn't know that's what the repeat parameter really meant.

In Myth there isn't anywhere that I really need keys to repeat. Sometimes
it's handy in scrolling down lists of recordings, but 99% of the time, I'd
just as soon that nothing ever repeats. So now I have a couple of things to
try, so thanks to you guys who have been helping. I'll let the list know
how it works out, in case anyone finds this thread in a search.

--Greg