[mythtv-users] FrontEnd will connect if feels like it

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:36:00 UTC 2016

Hi Roger!

> <quote>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 mythtv mythtv 22 Jun 30 14:32 /home/barry/.mythtv ->
> /etc/mythtv/config.xml
> </quote>
>
> The configuration directory (.mythtv) has been symlinked to the
> config
> file (config.xml). That's why it can't read the config file, create
> the
> dir, download themes etc.

So much for trying to 'cookbook' repairs!

> Compare /home/barry/.mythtv to one of your other frontends.
>
> 1. Remove the symlink: "rm /home/barry/.mythtv"
> 2. Create your dir: "mkdir /home/barry/.mythtv"
> 3. Symlink the config file within it:
> "ln -s /etc/mythtv/config.xml /home/barry/.mythtv/config.xml"

Woo-hoo!  I think that fixed it!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Tried several times via Terminal, even able to update Themes.  Tried via
the Desktop Icon (uses "mythfrontend -services" instead of the Terminal
command line of just 'mythfrontend'): still good!

Amazing!!  Thank you!!