[mythtv-users] /mythweb/status not working since upgrade to MythTV 0.28

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:44:03 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I've upgraded my Mythbuntu 14.04 system to MythTV 0.28, and so far so
good.  It's even fixed the incorrect tuner problem that I reported
earlier as https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12783

However, the first thing I noticed wrong is that when I access
/mythweb/status with my web browser, I get:

> Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/status/handler.php, line
> 32: !!NoTrans:
> file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML): failed
> to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found !!

Other aspects of mythweb seem to work fine, but just /status doesn't
seem right.  After a bit of searching, I've noticed that apparently
MythWeb is deprecated in lieu of WebFrontend:
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/WebFrontend>.  But also that WebFronend
isn't quite ready for prime time.

Was MythWeb left in a state of half-working, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks
-WD