[mythtv-users] Can't record analog from Hauppauge 2255

David Parker parker.david.a at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:43:42 UTC 2016

Stuart, here are the command outputs you requested:

# v4l2-ctl --all -d /dev/video0
Driver Info (not using libv4l2):
Driver name   : saa7164[0]
Card type     : Hauppauge WinTV-HVR2255
Bus info      : PCI:0000:1f:00.0
Driver version: 0.0.0
Capabilities  : 0x01010001
Video Capture
Tuner
Read/Write
Frequency for tuner 0: 0 (0.000000 MHz)
Tuner 0:
Name                 : tuner
Capabilities         : 62.5 kHz multi-standard stereo freq-bands
Frequency range      : 0.000 MHz - 0.000 MHz
Signal strength/AFC  : 0%/0
Current audio mode   : mono
Available subchannels:
Video input : 0 (tuner: ok)
Video Standard = 0x00001000
NTSC-M
Format Video Capture:
Width/Height  : 720/480
Pixel Format  : 'MPEG'
Field         : Any
Bytes per Line: 0
Size Image    : 0
Colorspace    : Unknown (00000000)
Streaming Parameters Video Capture:
Frames per second: 29.970 (30000/1001)
Read buffers     : 2
                     brightness (int)    : min=0 max=255 step=1 default=127
value=127 flags=slider
                       contrast (int)    : min=0 max=255 step=1 default=66
value=66 flags=slider
                     saturation (int)    : min=0 max=255 step=1 default=62
value=62 flags=slider
                            hue (int)    : min=0 max=255 step=1 default=128
value=128 flags=slider
                         volume (int)    : min=-83 max=24 step=1 default=20
value=0 flags=slider
                      sharpness (int)    : min=0 max=15 step=1 default=8
value=8 flags=slider

# v4l2-ctl --all -d /dev/video1
[...]

Thanks!
Dave